Nature Photography Tour
What to expect:
- Over three hours you’ll learn from an expert nature photographer who will guide you through Ngā Manu’s extensive forest and introduce you to the Kāpiti Coast’s flora and fauna.
- The small group is to ensure an optimal learning environment and allows you to connect and have fun with like-minded peers and see the best of Ngā Manu’s Nature Reserve.
- Ideal for all levels, from beginners to masterclass photographers.
- Tours are able to go anywhere around the Reserve under the guidance of your photography instructor, no two tours are the same.
Gareth Davies aka Red Beanie (https://www.instagram.com/redbeanie_photography/)
Gareth Davies is a professional photographer and photography teacher, with over thirty years’ photography experience working in various parts of the world. He has a passion for nature and conservation, and is always looking for ways to connect closer to and understand nature through his photography.
What to bring:
- Camera or phone (we can work with any type). A DSLR and lens is available, if there is interest – please advise when booking.
- Walking shoes
- Rain and cold: Warm clothing layers, waterproof jacket.
- Sun: Sun hat, sun screen
- Water bottle
Tours: Saturdays and Sundays by appointment only
Duration: 3 hour guided tour through the native forest, reptile enclosures and bird aviaries
Capacity: 10 people per tour
Recommended age: 12 years+ (anyone under 17 to be accompanied by an adult. Reserve entry applies unless participating in tour)
Price: Adult – $99; Child (ages 12-17) – $59; Friend of Nga Manu Adult – $79; Friend of Nga Manu Child – $39
Making a booking:
- Email email@example.com to request a booking day and time
- Call 04 293 4131 to speak with one of our friendly team