Gather your family, pack a picnic, and come and celebrate Easter at Ngā Manu Nature Reserve. We have Easter activities throughout the long weekend from 10am to 5pm.
- Visit our Easter Zone in Robin’s Nest and make a decoration to display on our Easter wishing tree.
- Hunt for ‘Ngā Manu Easter Rocks’ hidden throughout the reserve and exchange them for an Easter egg.
- Hunt for our ‘Winner Eggs’ to instantly win a special prize from our Easter Zone prize table. Different prizes will be up for grabs each day and will be on display in our Easter Zone for the winners to choose from. Please support our wonderful sponsors who have donated prizes: Pak’n Save (Paraparaumu), Antics Marketing, Sweetpea Marketing, New World (Waikanae), Countdown (Waikanae), The Warehouse (Paraparaumu), Kāpiti Chocolate Factory, Dark Horse Coffee, Staglands Wildlife Reserve, Pūkaha National Wildlife Centre, Zealandia Te Māra a Tāne, Southwards Car Museum, Kāpiti Aquatics Centre and Wellington Zoo.
- 2 pm – Watch the Ngā Manu eels being fed. Purchase an eel feeding token for $2 to have a go at feeding an eel yourself.
T’s & C’s:
- Easter Rock Hunt: Free Easter eggs are available for children who find our Easter Rocks (while stocks last) – limit of one per child. Please do not remove our Easter Rocks from the Reserve as we will be rehiding our rocks once found. Thank you.
- Winner Eggs: If you find one – pick it up and take it to our Easter Zone to choose your prize – limit of one per family per day. The prizes will be displayed in our Easter Zone for winners to choose from.